Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Five Things I Will Totally Definitely Do This Summer...For Real.



Summer. We are moving. We are welcoming an 8 week old puppy (Don't worry, Leon is in charge of obedience as I have an awful track record). We are having another baby in November(I do however, have a good track record with this task...phew). Dahlia is about to get her drivers license(well it feels that way now that shes walking). Life as I know will soon be a thousand times more chaotic....wait...er, I mean exciting!

I must understand that the next four months will be my opportunity to get things accomplished before the season of winter as well as the winter of my leisure time sets in. This level of urgency is all this procrastinator needs to identify and say aloud a couple of things I will commit to doing this summer.


1. Pick Stawberries at Maxwell's with Dahlia and make a good Jam.

2. I have made up my mind to do away with supermarket bought vegetables. We will subside on only what I will grow and what I will purchase from farm stands and local markets this summer.

3. I will make an article of clothing for myself. A skirt, or better yet, A Mu-Mu might be more appropriate for a preggalicious(pregnant) summer.

4. I will make a pair of earrings exclusively from 100% re-purposed materials....this should be interesting.

5. Root Cellar! I have a HUGE soapstone double bowl troff sink in my new basement just waiting to be filled with beets and carrots...don't forget the sawdust.

Deadline: September 26th. Hold me to it.


What is everyone else doing during their glorious summer months??





2 comments:

  1. So it's been about a month since your deadline. How did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...ummmm....just checking into the blog now. I actually did okay...could have done better as always.

    ReplyDelete