Monday, March 8, 2010

Etsy...you are a special kind of girl...





Etsy.com needs no introduction, especially if you are reading this Blog. However, here is a great article link from Readers Digest on Etsy Creator, Rob Kalin. It really illustrates just how ready the interweb was for an artists marketplace.
Readers Digest Article on Etsy Creator

I think that a persons Etsy shop preferences say a lot about them and I have compiled a few of mine.... so without further adieu...


RubyLemons
I am a sucker for Milk Glass, I cannot tell a lie. It is at times consuming. I love the shiny hobnail details and the 'Grandma like' sensibility of it all. This store is the spot for vintage glassware lovers like myself. Vintage aqua Pyrex? I needn't say more.

MonsterTime
It's no secret, I don't do the whole cat thing. People whom I know and love do, it's cool. There is a few reasons why I might have a cat; This Etsy site is one of them. The bright, eye catching, organic cat-nip filled toys are irresistible. I kind of wish I could buy one for Dahlia, but I'm not sure if shes into the nip, she better not be yet anyways. She's also not a cat.

koalachickens
Garden or terrarium adornment, Plant 'Vessels', bird figurines...the list of what you will find inside this shop goes on. In fact, I received a little Herb garden for a Birthday with an item from KoalaChickens keeping my thyme company. Word on the street is that this shop is introducing all new items for Spring...awesome.

Purplebean Bindery
Fascinating and well made books are in abundance here! I stop by this shop periodically to check out the colors, fine paper, and unique bindings. I have dabbled in book binding myself but never like this. It's awe inspiring to say the least.

SuspectShoppe
Whimsical prints that often involve elephants. This shop is a must for the modern nursery or the casual and creative workroom. These prints have a collaged fairytale type theme and I can't get enough; the elephants don't hurt the appeal for me either.

laurrose
Romantic and saucy jewelry is in abundance in this all time Etsy Fav of mine. I plot my mothers day, Birthday, Christmas, and Anniversary gifts here. Jadeite, Quartz, Adventurine, OH MY!

Yvette Inufio Photography
I stumbled upon this shop on a whim. I was pouring over a favorite Blog House Of Turquoise
and I saw these striking photos and immediately went to the Etsy Shop. The photos all have different personalities, some are a bit too pink for me but as I have stated before...I don't Judge.



Share your Favorite Etsy Shops in Comments!!

2 comments:

  1. Hours become black holes of etsy time - so addicting. Yep, monstertime and koalachickens are pretty sweet stores. highly recommend, though i might be slightly biased....
    Amazing things to be found on there, and great karma to support the small, creative artisans out there rather than the big box stores. Nice write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DrFeltGood on Etsy is paramount.

    ReplyDelete